Priory Barn offers an array of opportunities for creating a bespoke wedding day. Ceremonies are held in the licensed barn with seating capacity for 160 guests laid out theatre style. The couple can marry in front of an antique hay wagon on the stage in front of their guests before walking down the aisle and into the courtyard and cart lodge for the drinks reception, whilst the barn is reconfigured and decorated ready for the wedding breakfast.
We also offer the opportunity for couples to have their ceremony with us before going onto another venue for their reception. This works well for couples who prefer the relaxed atmosphere of our barn rather than church, or the hustle and bustle of a town Registry office. If you would like an afternoon tea with vintage crockery or a drinks reception after your ceremony, you are very welcome to arrange a caterer to serve this for you using our kitchen. We would be delighted to welcome you at our venue before you and your guests leave for your evening reception.
What’s included in the hire of barn?
• Exclusive use on your wedding day
• Pre wedding decorating day for the bridal party, family and friends
• You can choose your own caterers
• You can provide and serve your welcome drinks (2 per head) and half bottle of wine per head with dinner free of corkage
• Courtyard for reception drinks with garden furniture and potted pants
• We provide a stocked and staffed pay bar at no extra charge for your guests to buy their evening drinks
• Tables, chairs, heating, and parking
• Special ceremony only package available if required